This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)
As one of Dubai's most exclusive and private training facilities, Embody Fitness comprises over 10,000 sq feet of space, since our launch, we have implemented measures and policies that have ensured we have always been a safe and clean environment to train in.
These advantages have never been more important than they are now as the world starts to begin its journey back to resuming normal daily
To clarify the Embody approach to this journey, we have outlined why our facility is one of the safest environments to train in.
Private Training Cap
We are not a commercial gym, yet at 10,000 sq ft, we are the size of a commercial gym in Dubai and one of the largest private training facilities in the region.
Operating hours will be 6:30am to 9pm Sunday - Thursday and 6:30am - 1pm on Friday. Saturday is off.
Training is by appointment only with our personal trainers.
To further protect our clients, we have placed a 7 client cap on the gym floor and a 1 client cap in our private studio to ensure that we more than exceed social distancing guidance.
To clarify, these caps place each client in an area of over 1000 sq ft (100 sq m) to themselves - a space larger than most studio apartments.
Clients and staff need to comply with 2 meter distancing protocols.
Cleaning Policy & COVID-19 Measures
During lockdown our facilities have been fully disinfected and deep cleaned weekly. Following reopening, the following policies will apply:
- Daily deep clean and disinfection: Full clean and disinfection will be performed daily after the last training session
- Lockers will not be permitted for use.
- Equipment wipe down: This will be carried out after each use with disinfectant wipes available in the facility.
- Hand Sanitisation facilities: These will be available at all times and will be carried out by each of our coaches between training sessions.
- Personal towel usage: Clients need to bring their own towels
- Water: Clients need to bring their own water since water dispensers are closed for the time being
- Masks: These will also be made available in the facility. Masks must be worn while using the facility. Gloves will be made available however they are not mandatory
- Hazardous waste bins will be provided for disposal of all masks, gloves and wipes
- Client temperature checks: We will be temperature checking all staff and clients that enter the facility. Anyone presenting with a fever (temperature above 37.5 degrees) will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Changing facilities: Changing rooms will be restricted to use of bathrooms & sinks only - no showers.
Group classes will have the following changes:
- 2 meters space between each participant
- Studio will be disinfected before and after each class
- Participants must bring their own towels and mats until further notice
Being aware of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are implementing these measures as part of our responsibility to protect the health of our community, particularly the more vulnerable, we understand the vital necessity of implementing measures such as temperature checks, bringing your own mats/towels, training with a mask and not being able to shower at the gym. Together we can ensure compliance with the guidelines and requirements outlined by the Dubai Health Authority and ensure the safety of our clients and our staff. We will continue the extra measures until we are instructed otherwise by the UAE Government.
For more information about Covid 19, please visit: https://www.dha.gov.ae/en/Covid19/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
If you have any concerns please feel free to contact us for further details. In the meantime - stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back at Embody!
The Embody Fitness Team